Products to prevent the spread of infection.
Many employers will be working currently on plans to make their workplace safe for employees to return to work. The NZ Government have provided the following helpful advice regarding what precautions should be taken: https://worksafe.govt.nz/managing-health-and-safety/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-essential-businesses/
Based on this advice, a simple way to reduce the risk of infection in offices is by adding to or reconfiguring existing office workstations.
The focus of this should be:
- To introduce impervious barriers between workers, where it isn’t reasonably practicable for your business to implement the 2 metre distance
- To space workers apart where possible to achieve the government standard 2 metre distancing
- To provide easy access to sanitization products such as hand sanitizer and any necessary PPE
- Make your workspace easy to clean and disinfect daily.
Some ideas for achieving this are:
- Adding partitions between workpoints and at ends of runs, in easy easy-clean Melamine or Perspex rather than absorbent fabric
- Adding extensions to the top of existing partitions to make them at least 1500mmH above floor
- Spacing workstations apart with storage units
- Including sanitisation stations near workpoints
- Replacing absorbent fabric surfaces with easy clean surfaces such as laminate or plastic wherever possible.
The following infographics demonstrate how this can be achieved with a variety of different common workstation layouts. Note, we have introduced some new options and products to some of our standard ranges, which are especially suited to these new office safety requirements.